Among the responded 5.151 operational incidents, this year, AMSA Response Centre conducted 2.986 Port state control inspections, detained 174 vessels and banned 5 ships from entering Australian ports.
According to AMSA’s infographic:
Saving lives at risk
- Operational incidents conducted: 5,151
- Number of lives saved: 162 lives were saved
- Number of tasked assets: 321 assets.
- Port state control inspections: 2,986
- Port state control detentions: 174
- Ships Banned: 5
- Live search and rescue tasks: 184
- Items dropped: 58
- Number of hours in the air: 826
- Vessel certificates issued: 6,155
- Seafarer certificates issued: 11,624